A-Level Edexcel Business
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for any student that has previously studied GCSE Business and looking to expand their knowledge and understanding around global marketing, business growth and managing business finances.
What will you learn?
Business Studies is real and relevant to our current lives and future career choices. By studying Business, the knowledge gained will empower the decisions made in the future. Learning about Business gives you essential information about the working environment that will be experienced, whichever organisation is chosen to be worked for. It gives technical knowledge about how business works but also teaches how to behave in the workplace as a manager or worker. In addition a business course provides preparation for what needs doing to set up a business and improve one. All business courses apply theory to real life current businesses.
What units will I study?
- Marketing and people: Meeting customer needs, marketing mix and strategy, managing people, entrepreneurs and leaders
- Managing business activities: raising finance, financial planning, managing finance, resource management, external influences
- Business decisions and strategy: business objectives and strategy, decisionsmaking techniques, influences on business decisions, assessing competitiveness and managing change.
- Global business: Globalization, global markets and business expansion, global marketing, global industries and companies (multinational corporations).
How long is this course?
All of our A-Level courses are two-year courses.
How will I be assessed for this course?
For this subject, students will be assessed through examinations which will take place at the end of the second year of study. In addition to formal examinations, throughout the academic year, students will also undertake mock exams, which will also help to assess subject knowledge and prepare for formal examinations.
Students will learn in a supportive classroom environment for their studies. Students will also be able to undertake independent study as part of this course.
What are the entry requirements for this course?
It is desired that students have gained, or working towards, a qualification at grade 6 or above in this subject or relevant subject at GCSE level, but this is not essential. Additionally students should have 5 GCSE's grades 4-9 including Maths and English.
Students must be aged 16-19 to study this course.
What can I go on to do after this course?
From successful completion of this course, students can go on to study in Higher Education for any degree in the Business or marketing sector. Other progression from this course include:
- Degree apprenticeship in business management or marketing
- Accountancy training
- Business Admin