T-Level Education in Childcare
Students spend 60% of their time in a classroom environment at UAH. Our well-equipped Childcare classroom is housed in the 6th form block and provides students with a wealth of opportunities to learn and practise skills in a simulated environment. The childcare suite has recently been refurbished to mimic the childcare environment. Students have the opportunity to hone their skills before they engage in their *placement and have access to children’s reading books, a sensory play area, reading corner, and electronic “babies” which monitor adult handling capabilities!
*Childcare placement are 750 hours across the 2 year period of the course.
Students are expected to wear a light blue T Level branded polo shirt, navy fleece and black trousers as well as their distinctive purple T Level lanyard.
We have forged close working relationships with the following providers who have engaged with the T Level Education and Childcare programme:
All students will develop an understanding of:
- understanding the Education and Early Years sector from ages 0 to 19
- child development
- how to support children and young people’s education
- safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- understanding and managing behaviour
- observing and assessing children and young people
- equality and diversity
- special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- working with parents, carers and wider families
- working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- reflective practice and other forms of professional development
In addition to the core content, each student will also study the following specialism:
- early years educator
What our students say
"I really enjoy this course. It's both learning and work based, which is what makes it so interesting. I really enjoy how you get to experience what you learn in the classroom in the nursery placement." Anna, T Level Childcare
"In course, I am enjoying learning the different elements we need for childcare, I like the environment I am in. I especially enjoy the days I am in placement." - Isabelle, T Level Childcare