MikroTik Academy program
We are pleased to announce that our school has been successfully accredited by MikroTik and joined the MikroTik Academy program. The MikroTik Company is a global manufacturer of network equipment based on the RouterOS system. As a participant of the Mikrotik Academy program, the school is now in a position to offer 6th form students the opportunity to complete training related to network management using MikroTik RouterOS.
We are also pleased to announce that the University Academy Holbeach is the first school in the UK to offer this training and the possibility of taking the official MikroTik MTCNA exam. MTCNA is the first basic certificate confirming the knowledge of computer networks, IP addressing, routing and wireless networks.
The training is aimed at people who wish to administer and maintain corporate computer networks. Thanks to a fairly extensive section on wireless technologies, it is an introduction to the construction of redundant, high-performance and advanced wireless networks found in companies, hotels and other public places.
The MTCNA training consists of 9 modules that will be completed throughout the year:
The module contains information on:
- Construction of OS Router.
- Ways of management
- User management
- Basics of access protection.
- Overview of the principle of operation of the DHCP Server-Client.
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP).
- ARP modes.
- ARP RouterOS table.
- What is bridging?
- Bridge configuration and its properties.
- Wireless bridge configuration.
- Basics of the concept of routing (static and dynamic routing).
- Configuring subnets using static routing.
- Overview of the principles of operation of wireless networks in the 802.11a / b / g / n / ac standard.
- Set up a simple wireless network for use in a small office or home.
- Overview of issues related to the security of wireless networks.
- Tools for monitoring wireless networks.
- Overview of the basics of firewall operation.
- Application of firewall filters.
- Destination NAT configuration.
- Source NAT configuration.
- Fast Track.
- Address lists and their use in Firewall rules.
QoS (Quality of Service)
- Configuration of simple queues that allow limiting network traffic between its segments (target, destination, Burts). Application of pcq-rate, pcq-limit.
- IP Pool.
- Point point addressing.
- Secure remote access: SSTP, PPTP.
- RouterOS (Email, netwatch, ping, profiler).
- Monitoring (SNMP, charts, Interface Network Monitor, Dude).
After completing the training, the student gains:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of network management.
- Possibility to obtain the MTCNA certificate recognised by institutions all over the world.