Sixth Form Applications & Prospectus
Our Application Process
After reading the 6th Form Prospectus we suggest students complete the Application Form and send it in as soon as possible, as courses fill up very quickly. Late applications will be considered if there are places available.
Students may apply for more than one course and every effort will be made to accommodate choices. 'A' Level blocks will be published as early as possible.
To apply for our Sixth Form, please use the link below to our admissions portal (Applicaa) and create an account to start an application."
Courses are delivered at Levels: 1-3 and will ultimately prepare students for the world of work or higher education.
Students will be required to meet the entry requirements for their chosen courses which in general are as follows:
A Level Courses
A Level Subjects
- All students must achieve a minimum of 5 x 9-5 including English and Maths and
- A minimum of 6 or above in the subjects they have chosen to study at A Level
If the following subjects have not been studied before at GCSE then a minimum of 6 in English Language must be achieved
- English Literature
- Government and Politics
- Business Studies
- Philosophy and Ethics
If the following subjects have not been studied before at GCSE then a minimum of 6 in Maths must be achieved
Maths A Level - students much achieve a minimum of a 7 at GCSE to continue studying this at A Level
- Science T Level – occupational specialism: laboratory & food science
- Digital T Level - Occupational specialism: Digital support services, network cabbing and digital infrastructure
- Health T Level – Occupational specialism: Supporting the adult nursing team
- Management and Administration T Level - Occupational specialism: business support
- T Level Education and Early Years
- T Level OnSite Construction
- T Level Building Services Engineering
- T Level Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering
- T Level Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty
All students must achieve a minimum of 5 x 9-4 grades including English and Maths.
Students that wish to undertake a T Level route that fall short of either English or Maths can select a T Level transition pathway course.
Each T Level area has a subject specific transition pathway to support progression onto a T Level after successful completion of the required entry grades in English and Maths.
Technical and vocational courses are available in levels:
- Art and Design
- Childcare and Education
- Health and Social Care
All students must achieve a minimum of 5 x 9-4 grades including English and Maths and
a minimum of 4 or above if they have already studied a GCSE in that subject.
- Motor Vehicle
- Bench Joinery
- Hair dressing
- Beauty Therapy
- Electrical (L2 only)
All course are available at Level 1 and Level 2
All students must achieve a minimum of – 5 X 9-3 grades at GCSE for entry onto a Level 2 course
All students must achieve a minimum of – 5 X 9-2 grades at GCSE for entry onto a Level 1 course
We accept applications for Year 12 students after our Open Evening each year in November. Many of our courses are oversubscribed, and by the end of the year we often have to operate an active waiting list. We therefore strongly advise students to apply as early as possible.
All applicants will be invited for interview at the Academy. Please bring a copy of your latest tracking/report.
This happens on GCSE results day. Once pupils have collected their exam results they can confirm their enrolment for our Sixth Form using their Applicaa login on our admissions portal.
If you are interested in joining us in Year 12, 13 or 14 and would like further information or to arrange an individual tour please contact:
- Our Student Manager Miss English: Amy.English@uah.org.uk
- Head of 6th Form – Mrs G Evans"