Head of Health and Social Care September 2023
Health and Social Care Head of Department
Full time MPS
University Academy Holbeach is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational teacher to lead our forward-thinking Health and Social Care Department. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher wishing to join a team of specialists who ensure a high standard of teaching, learning and achievement. Experience of a clinical setting is preferable in support of or new T-Level delivery.
Health and Social Care is a popular subject and we are proud to run a creative, vibrant and diverse department. You will have the opportunity to teach at KS4 with our BTEC Tech Award L1/2 in Health and Social Care and KS5 with our Level 2 T-Level Pathway for Health Science and the T-Level Health qualifications.
At University Academy Holbeach we have a new T-Level building with a simulated three bed hospital suite and assistive living area with a wide range of clinical and care equipment. Students have opportunities to practice nursing skills and prepare for work placements as part of their course.
Interested candidates will have:
- The ability to teach Health and Social Care to KS4.
- Experience in clinical settings is preferable for KS5.
- The ability to plan and deliver high quality creative lessons.
- A willingness and enthusiasm to organise and run a range of extra-curricular activities.
- The ability to motivate and achieve excellent results.
- Excellent organisational skills and an appreciation of your subject.
- The ability to form positive working relationships with staff, pupils and employers.
University Academy Holbeach is an oversubscribed school in a rural location and serves the local community and the surrounding villages. The school site is equipped with state of the art facilities including teaching walls.
The school was rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted (March 2019).
For an application pack please visit the school website – universityacademyholbeach.org.uk
University Academy Holbeach is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff at the school to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks. Applicants may be subject to an online presence check.
Closing date: May 19th 2023