We are fortunate in having a group of dedicated governors who help guide and run the school efficiently.
Current Governors are:
- Mr Garry Chappell
- Miss Donna Allen
- Mr Steven Baragwanath
- Mrs Susan Boor
- Mr Andrew Breckon
- Mr Neal Collishaw
- Mr Richard Gibbard
- Mrs Claire Kelly
- Miss Sheila Paige
- Mr Garry Raven
- Mrs Jenny Worth
Structure and Remit
The Role of the Governing Body is strategic in nature. The Department for Education’s Governance Handbook identifies three core functions being:
· Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic decision.
· Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
· Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Members of the Governing Body are appointed based on their skills in order to contribute to effective governance and the success of the Academy.
Governors form the Academy Governing Committee (AGC) for each Academy. The AGC is a committee of the Trust and oversee the functions of Academies as delegated to them by the Board of Directors. The AGC is quorate when 51% of the membership is present. The AGC has five key functions.
1. Ensuring the Academy is working to its ethos within the Mission and Values of the LET.
2. Holding the Principal and senior staff to account for the educational performance of the Academy and ensuring that young people have a high quality and relevant curriculum with the appropriate resources for all abilities.
3. Ensuring the Academy is meeting all the relevant safeguarding regulations and creating a supportive environment for its children and young people to learn.
4. Overseeing the financial performance of the Academy, ensuring good value for money and ensuring the buildings and facilities are safe and fit for purpose.
5. Overseeing and providing Governor input to the Academies key plans and policies.