In Year 9 pupils choose their options for Key Stage 4 courses at GCSE, which result in qualifications for further and higher education at College and 6th Form after Year 11.
Choices should be carefully considered and advice can be sought from: teachers, careers advisors and parents to help pupils to understand what is required for each subject and to assist them in their choices.
Every pupil will be expected to study the following subjects:
- English (Language & Literature)
- Combined Science (equivalent to 2 GCSE's)
- Humanities (History or Geography)
- ICT (Information & Communication Technology)
- Social Studies
- Technology (Food and Nutrition, Graphic Products, Resistant Materials or Textiles)
Pupils will then study a further 2 subjects of their choice from the following:
- Art & Design
- Business Studies
- Child Development
- Computer Science
- Electrical Installations
- Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy
- Health & Social Care
- MFL: Additional French or Spanish
- Motor Vehicle
- Physical Education (PE)
- Pipework Operations
- Religious Studies
- Triple Science
Options Brochure for Pupils and Parents
All pupils receive an Options brochure which has full information on the subjects for study and the options process.
It may not be possible to meet pupils requests completely but the Academy does work hard to fulfil the majority.