Food Technology Teacher
University Academy Holbeach is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational teacher to join our forward thinking Food Technology department. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or Early Careers teacher (ECT) wishing to join a team of specialists who ensure a high standard of teaching, learning and achievement. You will continue to support the growth and development of the department and will inspire learners to achieve their full potential.
Food Technology is a popular subject across all key stages and we are proud to run a creative, vibrant and diverse department. You will have the opportunity teach a range of classes across KS3. At KS4 we deliver AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition and WJEC Level 1 and Level 2 Hospitality and Catering. A new T-Level qualification in Food Science will be introduced at KS5.
Interested candidates will have:
- The ability to teach Food Technology to KS3/KS4
- The ability to teach another DT subject would be an advantage, but it is not essential.
- A proven record of excellent standards and expectations
- A willingness to support the development of the department
- The ability to plan and deliver high quality creative lessons.
- The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with others.
- The ability to form positive working relationships with staff and pupils.
University Academy Holbeach is an oversubscribed school in a rural location and serves the local community and the surrounding villages. The school site is equipped with state of the art facilities including teaching walls.
The school was rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted (March 2019).
For an application form please visit our website: universityacademyholbeach.org, under ‘vacancies’.
University Academy Holbeach
Park Road, Holbeach, Spalding, Lincs. PE12 7PU
Telephone 01406 423042
University Academy Holbeach is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff at the school to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks.