Applying to University
Why Higher Education?
Going to University is a big decision, so it’s important that you spend time researching all your options as well as talking about your ideas to parents / guardians and teaching staff.
At university you will have the opportunity to:
- Study a subject that you are passionate about
- Achieve a qualification that will lead to your chosen career
- Learn to be an independent thinker for all aspects and challenges of life
- Develop important skills that will widen your prospects
- Become more independent and self-confident
- Make lifelong friends
Once you have your degree you will have:
- The opportunity to follow your career path
- Better job prospects
- Higher earning potential
- Ultimately, going to university will equip you with skills and experiences you can use in your career and personal life.
If you want to apply for University then there will be lots of help and support for you from specialist staff at University Academy Holbeach.
There are regular workshops during Year 12 and Year 13 on:
- Choosing the Right University
- Choosing the Right Course
- Student Finance
- How to Apply
- Writing Personal Statements
Students also have the opportunity to be part of the following:
University Open Days:
- Bishop Grosseteste
- Anglia Ruskin
- University of East Anglia
- Norwich University of the Arts
Subject taster days at Universities in a range of subjects including:
- Law and Criminology
- Sports and Education
- Health and Social Care
The PDF files below offer lots of help and guidance to both pupils and parents about University. However if you have any further questions then please don’t hesitate to ask personal tutors or the Head of 6th Form.