Health & Social Care (Adults) level 2 Diploma
This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working with adults in health and social care environments. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
It has three pathways:
• Generic Health and Social Care
• Learning Disability
The Diploma will require 46 credits in total to complete the qualification
It will be internally assessed by a range of methods. This will include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments, questioning and witness testimony from colleagues or managers. Learners will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
On completion, learners can apply for job roles such as:
• Care assistant’s workers in residential settings or supported living
• Healthcare support workers in community and primary care environments
• Healthcare assistants in acute health environments
• Care support workers in domiciliary services